Thursday, December 18, 2008

Santa's Village






Tonight we went to Santa's Village and made reindeer out of metallic pipe cleaners!  We played with some old wooden toys and wrote a letter to Santa.  We also decorated gingerbread men cookies with icing and ate them.  We took a vote and decided not to stand in the long, long line to see Santa since we had no intention of sitting in his lap anyway.  My darlings are six now and have never, ever sat in Santa's lap or told him what they want for Christmas.  The closest we have gotten is 50 feet away and waving.  Chloe really does have a thing for people dressed up in costumes.  So, we went to the Olive Garden instead!  Chloe and I split a Tour of Italy and she ate as much as me....amazing that she still only weighs 38 pounds.  I probably gained 38 pounds!  She was mad because I wouldn't let her order a plate of olives.  Ha!  Clay ate macaroni and cheese and acted like the perfect gentleman.  He even opened the doors of the car for Chloe and I.  Then when we all got in the car, I found out why we were being so helpful......he wanted a dollar :-)  Industrious, don't you think?  I don't think he will ever go hungry.  We were talking about what we were going to be when we grew up on the way home and Chloe was just beside herself because she couldn't figure out what she was going to be.  I told her that she had a few years to figure it out.  (Although, I am a firm believer in having a goal before starting out on a new project-like college)  My children really are funny.  We went by Books a Million to buy the second book in the Twilight series (what fabulous books!!) and we saw Mrs. Pendley!!!  She looks good and feels okay I think.  She was looking for a book too.  The kids were really excited to see her.  Chloe told me on the way home that she is tired of all the other teachers and Mrs. Pendley just needed to come back.  Cancer is a hard thing for kindergarteners to wrap their brains around.  Lumps growing where they shouldn't and having to take medication that makes you feel crummy and get sick easy....I guess it just doesn't make much sense to them.  Anyway, for whoever is reading this----Have a Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh man, that made me laugh. I love the plate of olives story and how Clay wanted a dollar. That's too funny! They are pretty cute. it's 2:30am as I write this so it's nice to read something amusing!!